The Entrance Exam notifications for WBJEE 2013 have been released by the West Bengal Board of Joint Entrance Exam. The exam will be conducted on 21st of April, 2013 for which the forms will be filled ONLINE from 11th of January, 2013 to 16th of February, 2013. The filled forms will be accepted latest till 28/02/2013. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board organizes WBJEE 2013 every year as a common Entrance test for admission in Engineering Colleges of Bengal. In order to be eligible for WBJEE 2013 the candidates have to satisfy all the conditions in WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria. This criterion will have various clauses which are to be satisfied in order to sit for the exam. If credentials of any candidate at any time of Admission Process are found to be wrong or manipulated the candidature of the subject will be cancelled.
WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria Nationality:
The candidate should be a citizen of India according to WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
The candidate should be of 17 yrs or above by the end of December 2012 in order to be eligible as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
However, there is no upper limit on age for taking WBJEE 2013 except Marine Engineering Course for which the upper limit is 25 yrs as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
The candidates should have been residing in the state of West Bengal for past ten years continuously or their parents should have a permanent residence in West Bengal in order to be eligible as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
The duration of living will be calculated till the end of December 2012.
Academic Requirements as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
- All the candidates except Marine Engineering must have a minimum aggregate of 45% (GEN) or 40% (ST/SC) in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics with a minimum of 30% marks in English and must have individually passed all the subjects in order to be eligible as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidates who are appearing for Marine Engineering in WBJEE 2013 must have a minimum aggregate of 60% in subjects of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics with a minimum of 50% in English at the level of 10th and 12th class and should have passed all the subjects individually in order to be eligible as per WBJEE 2013 Eligibility Criteria.
WBJEE 2013 Pattern of Questions & Mode of Answering
In every subject, all questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ-type, with four options against each of the questions) and the answer(s) to each of the questions has to be marked on the OMR.
Questions will be of three categories, divided as per following table.
Subject Category 1 Category 2 Category 3 Total Marks
Mathematics 60 X 1 mark each 15 X 2 marks each 05 X 2 marks each 100
Physics 45 X 1 mark each 10 X 2 marks each 05 X 2 marks each 75
Chemistry 45 X 1 mark each 10 X 2 marks each 05 X 2 marks each 75
WBJEE 2013 Mode of Answering:
All questions will have to be answered on specially designed machine readable answer sheets (OMR Answer Sheet). ANSWERS ARE TO BE MARKED (BUBBLED) USING BLUE/BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY ON THE ‘OMR ANSWER SHEET.’
WBJEE 2013 Application Procedure
The WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure will basically have two phases:
- Filling in the personal details
- Filling the fee payment details.
The form is interactive in nature and will have HELP icons to make the form filling process easier and understandable. The candidates have to first fill in the personal details in WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure so as to be redirected to fill in the details of fee payment.
Step wise WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure:
- Logon to: www.wbjeeb.nic.in – official website to get the online form.
- After the candidates have been redirected to the form, they have to fill in the fields completely with correct information in order to complete the form submission.
- As soon as the filling of the personal details phase of WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure is over, the candidates will be given a unique 7 – digit application number which must be preserved carefully by the candidate as all the future logging in activities will require it.
- The next step of WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure will involve the online fee (Rs. 500/-) remission via any of the following two modes:
- e – Post Office: The candidates can remit the fee online through the post offices having the e – Post Office connectivity.
- Allahabad Bank Challan: The candidates can remit the fee at the nearest Allahabad Bank branch with Core Banking Service facility.
- The candidates have to enter the details of fee transaction in the online form as the next step of the WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure.
- As soon as the fee remission details are uploaded, the candidates will be given their Confirmation Page.
- Then they have to print out the Confirmation page and Top Sheet of the enclosures.
- The next step of WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure will involve the pasting of two identical, recent, color passport sized photographs on the confirmation page, self – attesting one of them, signing the page, putting the left hand thumb impression and getting it signed by the Parents or guardians.
- Then the candidates have to attach self – attested copies of the documents mentioned on the top sheet and the copy of Bank Challan with it.
- The last step in WBJEE 2013 Application Submission Procedure will involve the sending of the confirmation page and the enclosures in a single envelope to the following address till 28th February, 2013 via SPEED POST:
AQ – 13/1,
Sector – V,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700 091.
WBJEE 2013 Important Dates:
- Online WBJEE 2013 Application deadline: 11/01/2013 to 16/02/2013
- Top Sheet and Confirmation Page Generation: 11/01/2013 and 21/02/2013
- Last date to receive the filled forms: 11/01/2013 to 28/02/2013.
- Status check of Application Form: 1/03/2013 to 31/03/2013.
- Exam Date: 21.04.2013.
- Dispatching Admit Card via Post: 1.04.2013 to 10.04.2013.
- Downloadable Admit Card: 1.04.2013 to 21.04.2013.