ARM Ltd and the Liverpool University offer fabulous scholarships for around two students from India to study Master’s degree in microelectronics at the Liverpool University. The candidates are expected to take up project work as interns that will be paid at ARM R&D in the UK. This is the successful ninth year of scholarship.
Value of scholarship
- The selected candidates get a grant of 6200 pounds.
- The candidate also receives an internship for 4 months with ARM Research & Development in Cambridge UK. The candidate also gets a graduate intern level salary as stipend.
- The candidate also gets an award named Indian Regional Award from the Liverpool University which is worth a reduction in tuition fee of 1000 pounds.
- By default, the scholarship package covers the tuition fees of the course.
The eligibility criteria for the candidates are given below.
- The candidates should hold a BSc, BE or B.Tech degree in any computer science related discipline.
- The candidate must have scored first-class.
- The candidate must be interested in both Computer Science and Electronics engineering fields.
- The candidates must have the willingness to advance their innovation in the field of computers and technology.
- The candidates must display inquisitiveness in research in the following areas’ security.
- wireless sensor networks
- human computer interactions
- ubiquitous computing
- distributed systems
- embedded systems
- energy harvesting
- data mining and visualization
- ultra low power design
- The candidates must have experience and must display capability with the following.
- prototyping/scripting languages
- object oriented software design
- embedded system design using C
- web applications development
- The candidates must have hands on experience in one of the following.
- embedded systems design
- system on chip
- IC design
- The candidates must demonstrate excellent English language skills.
- The candidates must have a minimum score combination of
- IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 230 + ER 4.0
- 70% in English in Standard XII
The candidates must be sure that they know the following information before they apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates must submit the application online.
- Once the selection committee shortlists the first round of applications, they are called for a personal interview.
- These interviews are held at The Universities representative offices that are placed in India.
- The candidates who clear this interview are called for a telephonic interview with a senior ARM engineer.
- The candidates who clear all these rounds receive the award.
- The candidates will be notified via the contact information given in the application form.
- The official website will also be updated with the appropriate information about the progression from time to time.