University Grants Commission – Junior Research Fellowship in Engineering & Technology was established to support the candidates who are willing to pursue PhD through their research. The candidates who aspire to take up research in engineering and technology can use this fellowship as a great opportunity.
About the fellowship
The details about the fellowship are given below.
- Around 50 fellowships are awarded every year.
- The application form in available online and comes through various public modes through newspapers and others.
- The duration of the fellowship is two years.
- If the candidate’s performance is excellent and deserves an extension, then the candidate is given an extension of maximum of three years.
- In case the candidate performs really well in the extension too, he/she will be given an extension of two more years.
- The maximum extension possible is 5 years.
- The certificate will be awarded to the candidate whenever the candidate completes the fellowship.
- The value of the scholarship is given below.
- The fellowship stipend is 14000 per month for the first two years and 16000 for the rest of the years.
- The contingency allowance is 12000 per annum for the first two years and 25000 for the rest of the years.
- Departmental assistance fee of Rs.3000 is given for each student to the host institution.
- Helper assistance fee of Rs.2000 is given for each student per month.
- HRA is given as per the university rules.
The eligibility criteria for the candidates are given below.
- The candidates must hold a Masters degree in engineering or technology or pharmacy.
- The candidate should have scored at least 55% throughout the course.
- The candidates need not take up the GATE exam.
- The age limit for the scholarship is 40 years of age.
- The 22% of the fellowships are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- In case these slots are not filled by SC/ST, it is moved to the general candidates.
The candidates must make sure that they know the following information before applying for the fellowship.
- Once all the applications are submitted, the selection committee starts scrutinizing the applications carefully.
- The candidates who get selected are called for a personal interview.
- The candidates will not be provided with any allowances for the interview.
- The candidates must be clear that the decision of the committee will be final.
- The selection committee has all rights to withdraw or cancel any award without giving any reasons.
- Once the candidate clears the interview round, the candidate will be selected for the fellowship.
- Once the candidates get selected, the joining report must be properly signed by the HOD and sent to the selection committee.
- Once the candidate’s details and documents are received, the candidate’s fellowship grants are released successfully.