Teach for India Fellowship program is a two year fellowship program. This is a two year full-time commitment program, attracting most promising graduates and professionals as full time teachers in under resourced and low income schools.
About the fellowship
The fellowship program is a great opportunity that is challenging and provides an opportunity for the fellows and opportunity to develop them and transform the lives of children at the same time. Before and during the fellowship, the selected fellows are provided technical and leadership training to achieve the goal effectively for which they have taken up the fellowship. This training includes a five week residential training in an Institute before starting the fellowship. The fellows will also be given training in various ways like video conference, during the two years in their fellowship. These are mentored by Program Manager. In the 2nd year of the program, each Fellow has to take up an assignment called the ‘Be the Change’ project wherein they create, plan and execute a project that benefits their classroom, the school or the society.
There is no big eligibility criterion for this fellowship. The candidate has to be a bachelor degree holder. The applicants have to be either Indian citizen or of Indian Nationality.
Application and Selection
The applicants have to submit the applications online. Applications are not allowed as hard copy. There is no application fee for submitting the application online. The applicant need not attach any supporting documents online.
The applicants are selected based on the following ideas
- The applicants must have a transformational impact on their students in the short-term.
- The applicants must be leaders in the fight for educational equity beyond the Fellowship.
- The applicants must possess multiple attributes in a potential Fellow.
- The candidate must have a strong belief in and commitment to Teach for India’s mission and vision.
- The candidate must fit with Teach for India’s core values.
- The candidate must have leadership experience and potential.
- The candidate must have the ability to work effectively in challenging environments.
- The candidate must show high critical thinking ability.
- The candidate must possess strong English communication skills.
To all those educated people over there, whoever is looking forward to bring some change in the country, you can begin that very well with the children in the country. The fellows selected for teach for India gets the great opportunity of motivating and teaching children of low financial areas and schools. The fellow also gets a chance to motivate and spread their own values and thought through the medium of education. Teaching is one of the most respected jobs worldwide. When your teaching can change the world, why wait?? Go on and change the world!!