The Charles Wallace Trust (CWT) is inviting Indian students for short research and professional visits in the United Kingdom. The students, professionals and research scholars can apply to these scholarships for short visits and research in UK. The scholarship provider is the Charles Wallace India Trust (CWT). The study subjects are basically literature, philosophy, history of art, performing arts and creative arts, and history for which all the grants are provided.
The CWT trust offers around ten to fifteen scholarship grants to research scholars annually towards the scholarship grant for the academic students and research scholars for short periods and visits to the United Kingdom. The grants of about 1400 pounds are being offered which are quite sufficient for the students to stay there for the three months for the entire visit.
Criteria of Eligibility
The criterion of eligibility is given below. The research scholars and professionals should satisfy the following conditions to be eligible to receive the grant. The academic research scholar has the following conditions.
- Should be living in India.(Be an Indian Citizen)
- Should have a fair understanding of English and be well conversant in English
- Should have 4 or more years of research experience in the relevant field of area or should be in the final stage of the doctorate level.
- The minimum and maximum age for the scholars to fall between is 25 and 45 respectively.
- Should have a clear understanding and furnish the details on what they would want to do after their India arrival.
- Should clearly furnish information on what they would like to do at the United Kingdom and what/which archival materials they would like to consult.
- The scholars should not have received any CWIT grant in the last 5 years of their academic career.
The scholarship grant provided for the Indian students by the CWT Trust to the 1400 pounds towards the cost of the entire research program for short travels and professional visits to the United Kingdom. The grants help in towards the cost of the short research visits and professional tours for up to three weeks. The grants are completely sufficient for three week visits and tours by the research scholars and professionals working in the arts stream.
How to Apply
The applicants have to apply for the scholarship grant directly CWIT, London to the email id cwit-at-btinternet.com. The application should be enclosed with the following information.
- Curriculum Vita including Email id, contact details and Photo
- Emergency contacts at India
- References who know your work well- complete details of phone and email contact
- A statement of not more than 2-3 pages declaring what you expect to achieve there at the United Kingdom.
Last date of Application submission
The applications are to be sent to the above mentioned contact details on or before December 2014.