Shell Ideas 360 is a global competition organized by Shell International limited for students to develop innovative ideas for tackling energy, water and food issues. The theme of Shell Ideas 360 is “People and Planet – the energy, water and food challenge”. All the participating teams are expected to create innovative useful ideas about energy, water and food. The winner or the winning team will receive a National Geographic Expedition.
The eligibility criteria for this competition are given below.
- The participants have to be of age 18 and above.
- The participants have to be currently studying a full-time under graduate or a post graduate, at a recognized University or institution.
Value of the scholarship
The participants who clear the first round will be given one full year subscription to the entire digital and print edition, including the ipad, android and all other versions, which is worth 19 pounds. The participants, who clear the second round, will receive a sponsored trip to Shell Marathon, Rotterdam, Netherlands. The winner or the winning team receives a grand prize of National Geographic Expedition. This is worth $10000, and is dependent on the expedition chosen and the geographical location of the winner.
Application and processing
These are the few things the participants have to keep in mind.
- The participants can apply as an individual or a team. If it is a team, there can be a maximum of three members and the team caption must submit the application on behalf of the team.
- Registration has to be done online.
- The team also has to nominate a member of the academic staff from their university who will sponsor the project till the end of the competition.
- The team has to develop innovative ideas based on or more of these challenges.
- If interested the participants can also ask for suggestion and comments from other community members.
- All the documents and detailed provided should be in English.
- The shell reviewers will select around hundred to the second round after a good review.
- The participants have to provide a detailed Pdf of their project description and a 3 min video presentation, stating why this idea has to win.
- The participants are expected to develop the ideas at every stage.
- The participants can be in touch with shell subject matter experts and get help.
Only five teams out of the whole lot will be selected for the finals. All these five finalists will have to present their ideas to a panel of judges in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The winner will be selected and announced at the end of the event.
If you are the one in love with National Geographic expedition and waiting to help the world with your ideas, go on!! Good Luck.