The Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi’s CBSE Merit Scholarship scheme is a merit-based scholarship meant for the students who are willing to pursue their class 10th or class 12th studies. The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is pleased to invite applications from the students for the various CBSE merit based scholarships.
The scholarships given by the CBSE are mainly targeted to the students desirous of pursuing class 10th and class 12th. The CBSE is an autonomous body of the Union ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. The CBSE has now started these applications in the form of online applications.
The Central Board of Secondary Education has announced the scholarships for the students which are given below.
- The CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for single girl child for +2 studies.
- Central sector scheme of scholarship for college and university students.
- The renewal of online applications of CBSE Merit scholarship scheme.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for +1 and +2 studies
The CBSE is inviting applications for merit scholarship scheme for single girl child to pursue +1 and +2 studies.
The scholarship is for the meritorious girl students and who are their parent’s single child. It aims to assist the parents and their efforts in recognising their child’s importance towards education and encouraging them to pursue their education.
The eligibility criteria for the application is shown below
- The scholarship is provided to the students who are Indian nationals.
- The candidate applying for this scholarship and who is successfully elected should continue her studies in class 11th and class 12th affiliated with a CBSE school.
- The candidate who is offered this scholarship can also avail other benefits and concessions offered by the school and other organisations.
- The candidates who have passed this year the CBSE 10th examination.
- All single girl students who have secured 60% and 6.2 CGPA or above in CBSE examinations studying tenth, eleventh and twelfth are eligible for the scholarship. The NRI students of the CBSE board are also eligible for the above mentioned scholarship.
Scholarship Fee amount
The scholarship rate for the student selected will be around 500 rupees per month. The payments are usually done through demand drafts/pay orders. The scholarship rate is for the next two years.
The applicants will be asked to renew or continue the scholarship for the entire period of the course of study. In any case, the student is giving up the scholarship due to any reasons such as the change of school should get prior permission from the board.
Things to Remember
- The candidates should have their application forms attested from the principal.
- The original affidavit from the board’s website should be submitted.
- In case of cancellation of the scholarship, the scholarship cannot be renewed at any cost.