The Government of India has announced the ICCR scholarships for many of its neighbouring countries.
The Indian council of cultural relations (ICCR) is an autonomous body which comes under the Ministry of external affairs, New Delhi. The neighbouring countries like Iran, Israel, Asian countries, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Mauritius, Nepal, Bhutan, Malaysia, SAARC countries, Thailand, Vietnam, Africa, Afghan, Russia, Slovenia, Johannesburg, etc are benefitting from the offer of scholarships under 24 schemes.
The scholarship program for the afghan nationals is also an initiative to enhance the cultural balance and relationship with the country.
The students who wish to pursue the undergraduate, post graduate and research programs, post doctoral programs under the ICCR scholarship scheme for Afghan Nationals.
Number of scholarships:
The number of scholarships awarded to the afghan nationals is increased to 1000 scholarships per annum by the Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh after his visit to Afghanistan in 2011.
Offer of Courses:
Undergraduate courses offered under this scheme are given below.
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, English, Anthropology, Psychology, Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Botany, Computer Science, LLB in law.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ BBA in Business Administration.
Postgraduate courses offered under this scheme are given below.
- Master of Arts in Economics, History, Geography, English, Psychology, Mathematics, English, Philosophy, Political Science.
- Master of Science in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Botany, Mathematics.
- Master of Commerce/ MBA in business administration, LLM in law.
The scholarship scheme offers the fee to the meritorious students to cover the tuition fee, living expenses and accommodation. The flight charges and air fare are to be borne by the students themselves.
How to Apply:
The applications are to be sent to the foreign relations Department, Ministry of Higher education Afghanistan. The candidates are supposed to attend the English proficiency test before conducted by the Ministry of higher education along with the Indian Embassy at Kabul.
The four other consulates at Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif, Herat, Jalalabad can also be conducting these pre-examinations on English language proficiency. These places are also quite near to the Afghan youth.
The selected candidates’ application are sent to the ICCR, New Delhi for the selection of the universities and the courses available at the Indian universities.