Regional Center for Biotechnology (RCB) which is established under the Department of Biotechnology under the Government of India under the UNESCO. The RCB provides better environment for the research,education and training in Biotechnology indeed.
Applications are invited from students for admission to the PhD Programme starting in July 2016 (Academic Year 2016-17) in thebroad areas listed below:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biophysics, Biochemistry, and Structural Biology
- Host-Pathogen Interactions in PlantsandAnimals
- Development and Genetics
- Chemical Biology and Nanotechnology
- Human Disease Biology
- Infection, Inflammation and Cancer
RCB Ph.D 2016 Educational Qualifications:
The candidates who are interested for the applying to the RCB Ph.D Admission should have
- MSc from any branch of Science (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics)/ M Pharm/M Tech/MVSc or any equivalent qualification.
- Also, 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Bachelor’s and Masters’ level (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBCas allowed by GOI norms).
Apart from the above mentioned educational criteria, the candidates should also be possessed with any one of the qualifications, i.e.
- Joint CSIR-UGC TestforJuniorResearchFellowship(CSIR/UGCJRF) or
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST- INSPIRE) or
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) or
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF) or
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016 in Life Sciences) or
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS)- held in December, 2015.
Candidates will be short-listed based on their scores/ranks in the above examinations for interview which will held from 15th to17th June, 2016.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- towards the application fees and that should be a DD in favor “’Executive Director, Regional Centre for Biotechnology’ payable atGurgaon”.
- There is no fees for the reserved candidates, i.e. PwD/OBC/SC/ST candidates
The last date to send your application ends by April 30th 2016 and the application has to send to the following address,
“The Registrar, Regional Centre for Biotechnology,
NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rdMilestone,
Faridabad-Gurgaon Expressway, Faridabad-121001,
To know about Bangalore university Ph.D admissions check out this link: