Rashtriya Sanskrit sanasthan is premier institution for promoting Sanskrit studies in India and abroad .It is the biggest Sanskrit university in the world. Rashtriya Sanskrit sanasthan is a government of India owned deemed university invites application forms for the award of merit scholarships in order to propagate and promote the study of Sanskrit language.
- The students in regular stream studying Sanskrit including pali and prakrit in any traditional patshalas or modern institutions or secondary or senior secondary school from 9- 12 standards.
- Students studying pursing higher courses of studies in Sanskrit in recognized educational institutions at levels of acharya or shasthri, graduation, post graduation, m.phil, vidyavaridhi, PhD.
- Students of 9th and 10th or who are doing purva madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit or Pali or Prakrit as a paper and 11th and 12th who are doing prak shasthri, Uttarmadhyama and equivalent courses with Sanskrit or Pali or Prakrit as a paper of at least of 100 marks. The student should have completed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60%marks or equivalent in the aggregate. So in the concerned subject Sanskrit or Pali or Prakrit .The scholarship amount is Rs250, Rs.300 p.m respectively.
- Candidates doing shasthri, graduation, B.A, B.A hons, and equivalent courses of 3 years duration with Sanskrit, Pali or Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks. The student should have completed plus two level of examination and also in the concerned subject Sanskrit ,pali or prakrit with a minimum of 60% marks .The scholarship amount is Rs 400p.m.
- Students doing acharya degree in Sanskrit, Pali or Prakrit and its post graduation equivalent degree. The students should have graduated and in Sanskrit Pali, Prakrit with a 60% marks aggregate .The scholarship amount is Rs 500 p.m.
- Students pursuing for vidhyavaridhi or PhD equivalent in Sanskrit, Pali or Prakrit .The students should have completed acharya or M.A in Sanskrit, Pali or Prakrit with atleast60% marks in aggregate. The scholarship amount is Rs 1500 p.m.
Terms and conditions
- The scholarship up to post graduate and equivalent course are tenable for one academic year starting from July 1st and ending on 30th April .Students have to apply every year ,as it will not be renewed automatically.
- The scholarship for PhD will be for two full years which should posses a satisfactory progress report.
- For the reserved category students in case adequate no of students are not applying the minimum percentage of marks may be reduced to 50%.
- For PhD students the concerned institution will send utilization certificate and progress report to release the scholarship.
- The sanasthan’s decision is final and has the right to make changes in terms and conditions if necessary and also takes the right to reject any application.
- The students are requested submit the application through the authority in the prescribed Proforma.
- The application can be downloaded from www.sankritnic.in the application on the prescribed proforma with attested copies of mark sheet and certificate, caste certificate sent to the mentioned address in the application form, which should be attested and signed by the principal with seal or stamp. Registration number and date and documentary proof needed for PhD students.
- The candidate requested to submit the advance receipt which is available in the website.