The ICCR shortly named after ‘The Indian Council for Cultural Relations’ is an apex body of the Government of India. The body has been founded by the Independent India’s first education minister ‘Maulana Abul Azad’ in 1950. The ICCR is known for establishing cultural relationships and exchange programmes for the neighbouring countries. Such initiatives help the countries to have strong relationships and ties with the neighbouring countries. The ICCR has been doing great contributions to foster strong relationships with the help of these cultural exchange programmes and frequent meetings with world leaders of the various countries.
Many activities conducted by the ICCR have been appreciated by the SAARC member countries. Of these activities, the ICCR annually announces around 3000 plus scholarships which come under its various significant 24 scholarship schemes. These scholarships have assisted many students with support and financial aid for pursuing their dream aspirations of high quality education. The ICCR provides scholarships for different disciplines at all levels such as under-graduation post-graduation, doctoral and post-doctoral levels in streams like arts, engineering, management, accountancy, business administration and pharmacy. The scholarships are also provided for non-formal courses like Indian classical music, dance, sculpture, painting etc.
About Nehru Memorial Scholarship
The Nehru Memorial scholarship scheme introduced by ICCR has offered 100 slots of applications to the meritorious students of foreign nationals to study all major under-graduate courses excluding medicine. The courses on offer are engineering, architecture, computer science, Information technology, art and design, humanities, pharmacy, economics, science, business, management, commerce etc.
General Instructions and Eligibility Criteria
- Should possess sufficient knowledge on the language of English
- Should be under the age of 22 years
- Should be a foreign national ( such as Sri Lanka)
- Should not be an employee of the Government or any statutory body at the time of applying.
- Should be in good health condition to live and pursue education in India to stay for the entire duration of the course study.
- The Nehru memorial scholarship provides full tuition fees for the entire duration of the course, along with a monthly scholarship sustenance allowance.
- The scholarship also offers accommodation fees and an annual grant for the books and the apparatus wherever applicable and required for the course and the stationery required during the term.
- Besides the above benefits, the scholarship also provides total healthcare facilities for the students, airfare to the nearest destinations available in India, annual grant for the educational tours during the term of the course.
- Should not be a student pursuing any undergraduate level courses either in part time or full time in any other university at the time of applying for the above mentioned scholarship.