The merit-cum-means scholarship by the Directorate of Minorities is given out to the students belonging to the minority communities who are in need of financial assistance to pursue the educational programs they have desired.
Every year, around 20,000 scholarships are provided to the needy students from the minority communities throughout the many states of the country. The scholarships are awarded to the students in all the states of the country according to the state-wise population of the minority communities in the country. The scholarships provided are for many of the professional/technical courses available in the top leading Indian Universities.
The scholarship is provided at the rate given below. The maintenance cost for the hostler and day scholar are Rs.10000 per year (1000 per month) and Rs.5000 per annum (500 per month) respectively. The course fee for the hostler and day scholar covers Rs.20000 per annum and Rs.20,000 per annum respectively.
Eligibility Criteria for the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship scheme
- The student or the candidate should be admitted to a reputed College/Institution to pursue professional/technical courses with the help of a written competitive examination.
- The candidates should be admitted to a reputed college/Institution to pursue technical education without taking up a written examination. Such candidates should not have less than 50 percent at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection will be by merit.
- The entire annual family income by the beneficiary/parent or from the guardian from all the sources of the family should not exceed 2.5 lakh per annum.
- The candidate will be entitled to the quota under the state which he/she is residing irrespective of the place of his/her study to pursue the course.
- The students should not have backlogs in the previous years of his/her studies.
- The students pursuing any internship are also not eligible.
All the technical/professional courses can be pursued under this merit-cum-mans scholarship scheme. The study subjects allowed for the above mentioned merit-cum-means scholarship is given below.
Engineering and Technology Based (B.E, B.Tech, M.E, M.Tech ), Fashion technology (B.Ftech, M.Ftech), Pharmacy(B.Pharma, M.Pharma), Architecture(B.Arch, ID, BGT), Arts and Science (APD,FA, FAD), Medical (MBBS,)and Para-medical(), Design, Law, Charted Accountancy/Company Secretary(CA/CS/ICWA), Veterinary Sciences (B.V.Sc and A.H.PG),Hotel Management (BHM and CT) and Management (MBA,PGDM,PGCM) courses are all of offer for the desirous students belonging to the minority communities.
How to Apply
The student should apply for the scholarship in the prescribed format provided in the official website and may be submitted to the secretary of the department of the concerned state having welfare association with the help of institutions/ through the institutions of where they are willing to pursue their education/course of study.
The application should also be enclosed with the following
- One copy of passport size photograph with the candidates signatures on them.
- The Proof of permanent residency.
- All the photocopies of the certificates of the examinations passed.