Maulana Azad National Fellowship is created by University Grants Commission, to support the minority students to pursue their post graduate courses. The candidates can take up courses in the any course that is approved for this fellowship by UGC.
The eligibility criteria for the fellowship are given below.
- The candidate must be a person belonging to one of the specified minorities.
- The candidate must receive admission to the well recognized colleges for full-time courses only.
- The candidate cannot take up two fellowships at the same time.
- The candidates need not take up any exam to acquire this fellowship.
- The candidate should have acquired at least 50% in their post graduation.
Application and selection
Information about the application and selection of scholarship is given below.
- The candidate can fill in the form for fellowship by logging in to the official website www.ugc.ac.in/manf
- The candidate has to fill the form carefully with appropriate and proper details, as they are very important for selection and further communication.
- After all the applications are submitted, the selection committee will go through all the required information.
- The decision made by the selection committee is always considered final.
- The candidate has to upload all the required documents along with the duly filled application form.
- The candidate must submit their minority community certificate.
- The candidate must also submit the mark sheet of their Master Degree.
- Declaration from the higher authority of the educational institution.
- In case the candidate is differently Abled, the candidate must also submit a certificate to prove the same.
- Once the selection is done, the selected candidate’s names will be updated on the website.
- The candidates will also be informed about the same through mail.
- Once the candidate gets selected, they will be given instruction about what and how is to be done next.
The fellowship is an integrated fellowship that runs for five years. Once the candidate accepts the fellowship, he/she has to take up M.phil and PhD together for five years altogether. The candidates can take up courses in the following areas.
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
The candidates receive the following fellowship amount accordingly.
- For the fellowship the candidate will receive 16000 per month for the first two years and 18000 per month for the rest.
- The contingency amount for arts and commerce is 10000 per month for first two years and 20500 for the rest of the fellowship.
- The contingency amount for science and engineering is 12000 per month for the first two years and 25000 for rest of the fellowship.