Maulana Azad Education Foundation was initiated to encourage education among Muslim communities in India that are educationally backward.
Maulana Azad Education Foundation is entirely sponsored by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The President of the Foundation, is the Minister of Minority Affairs. The Foundation was instituted during the birth centenary celebrations of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad in the year in 1989.
Schemes undertaken by the Foundation:
- Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls Students
- Grant-in-Aid for NGO’s
- Maulana Azad Memorial Lecture & Awareness Program
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was an eminent personality, having led a life with great accomplishments in various spheres. He was an outstanding personality in Indian politics, and a great scholar in Urdu Literature. He fought for India’s freedom, following the path of secularism and democratic principles. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was also an eminent journalist and contributed as a philosopher with a global outlook and humanist views. Indians of this present generation need to understand and respect the sacrifices and contributions of eminent freedom fighters like Azad.
Maulana Azad Education Foundation is a voluntary organization, that is non-profitable and not along political lines. The foundation is an establishment based on social service, initiated to sponsor education for youngsters belonging to the educationally backward communities.
There are 15 members in the General Body of the Foundation. Of these 15 members, 6 members are ex-officio together with the President, MAEF and the other 9 members are appointed by the President, MAEF. The administration of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is handled by the Governing Body that comprises of 6 members, together with the President, MAEF, chosen from the General Body members.
Maulana Azad Education Foundation offers Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Girls. Under this scheme scholarships are awarded to meritorious girls students.
Aims of the Scholarship scheme:
This scheme aims to recognize, sponsor and help commendable girls students who belong to National Minorities, and who are not in a position to further their education owing to lack of monetary support.
Intent of the Scholarship:
The scholarship is intended for payment of school or college fees, buying text books and note books and other stationery items needed for the course of study and also as payment towards boarding and lodging, for selected candidates.
- The scholarship is available for only girls from national minority communities.
- Students should have secured 55 % aggregate marks in their 10 std. examination, from a recognized, state or central board school.
- The annual family income of the student should not be more than 1 lakh rupees.
- The student should have got admission for std. 11, from a recognized institute.
- Students with any other scholarship are not eligible.
- For further information logon to the official website – http://maef.nic.in/