JEE Main Question Papers, Prep Tips and Study Materials

Joint Entrance Examination(JEE MAIN) is all India entrance examination conducted by CBSE to get through the various engineering colleges in our country. The admissions to the various undergraduate courses in NIT’s, IIIT’s and several other semi or completely government funded institutes will be through JEE MAIN. This test will also serve as an entrance test or in precise terms the eligibility test to appear further in the JEE Advanced to get into IIT’s. The time duration between these tests will be nearly 2-3 weeks.  This test will be wholly managed and conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Earlier the admissions to the undergraduate courses to the various NIT’s and IIIT’s was made through AIEEE but from this year it will be through the entrance test called JEE MAIN and is actually the new face of AIEEE in a modified form as it will give weightage to the class twelfth board exams as well.

JEE Main Question Papers

Paper 1(B.E/B.Tech courses), it is in both offline and online modes and the date for the online examination is 7th April 2013 whereas for the online mode it is from 8th April to 25th April. Paper 2(B.Arch/B.Planning), it will be conducted only on the offline mode and it will be conducted on 7th April 2013.

Pattern of JEE MAIN 2013

Paper 1 for B.TECH
The exam will consist of objective type questions with  four options and single answer correct from physics, chemistry and mathematics. There will be a deduction of one fourth of the total marks for every wrong answer, however there will be no negative marking for the ones left unanswered. The duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
Paper 2 for B.ARCH/B. PLANNING
This exam will consist of questions from Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing. The duration of this test will be 3 hours as well.

Reservation Rules for JEE MAIN 2013

As per the rules of Indian Government, certain category of students are given reservation quota seats in the various entrance exams. In case of this test, the reservation criteria is
Scheduled Cast (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Physically Disabled

JEE Main 2013 Marks Distribution

The students will be admitted to the various engineering colleges will be decided on the basis of the All India Rank of the candidate or popularly known as AIR and this AIR will be decided on the basis of 40% weightage to the normalized class twelfth marks and the rest 60% weightage to the marks of the JEE MAIN Test.

Important JEE Main 2013 Prep Tips

The candidate should sleep well one day before the exam, so that the candidate feels relaxed and calm on the examination day. Try to have light breakfast like Bread and Jam. Try to reach one hour before the commencement of the examination. Read the instructions mentioned on the very first page of the question paper and fill the bubbles on the answer sheet very carefully. The use of electronic gadgets like Calculators, mobile phones, Ipod’s is strictly prohibited in the examination hall. Do not bring materials like log table, notebook etc. the required information will be provided on the question paper itself. Give the Test with honesty and if you have worked hard you will definitely succeed.

More information study materials, quetion papers available at http://jee.examsavvy.com
ALL THE BEST

7 Replies to “JEE Main Question Papers, Prep Tips and Study Materials”

  1. THIS IS NOT A COMMENT BUT A DOUBT:
    We know that in an atom electrons revolve around an atom.they revolve in two different directions,if some how we manage to make their rotations in the same way,WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ATOM?;

Comments are closed.