Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a reputed university for research and higher education in science that is located in Bangalore. The Institute interacts with the society and industrial organizations through a variety of programs. The Institute conducts promoting programs that motivate bright young students to take up career in research.
The eligibility criteria for the fellowship are given below.
- The candidates must be studying first year M.sc in any of the below science areas.
- The candidate can also be in the third year of their engineering study.
About the scholarship
- The selected candidates are given a travel allowance to and fro from their home town.
- The fellowship grants a stipend of Rs.5000 per month.
- The fellowship also provides a book grant of Rs.1500 per annum.
- The candidate is given lodging and boarding totally free.
The candidates applying must make sure they know the information given below before they apply for the fellowship.
- The selected candidates work with the faculty members of IISC throughout the fellowship.
- The candidate must download the application form that is available online.
- The application form has to be completely filled.
- The candidate must make sure they have filled all valid information in the application form, because this is the information to be used for contact and other purposes.
- The candidates in the SC/ ST categories are given preference.
- After all the applications are filled, the selection committee comes into picture.
The selection committee scans through all the values in the application, verifies all the given information and makes the basic selection. Once the basic scrutiny is done, the candidates are then selected based on merit and competition. The candidates who have great academic record and good leadership skills are selected for the fellowship. Once the candidate gets selected, they are provided with the joining handbook, which specifies the joining date and other instructions.
The candidate has to make sure they are present at IISc well before the joining date. Then they are instructed to other things further. The candidate is given a stipend of five thousand rupees along with the worthy experience he/she receives through work. The candidate also receives a book grant of rupees thousand five hundred which can be used by the selected candidate for buying books that is useful for their course. The candidate can also enjoy boarding and lodging for free but is expected to hare with other fellows. The candidate need not take up any special entrance tests to get this fellowship. The candidate must make sure, once he/she gets selected, should demonstrate great involvement and progress in their course.