The International center for Human Development (IC4HD) is inviting applications form young enthusiasts and professionals for the human development fellowships for the year 2014. The center support innovative analytical work is offering these fellowships to take up major developmental and social issues. The candidates who are eligible to apply for the fellowship can be young professional from academics, civil society members and civil servants. The IC4HD is an initiative and is jointly founded by the UND and the Government of India.
The fellowship has a theme every year. This year the theme of the fellowship is Social security on the Global South. The selected candidates will be provided INR 50,00o per month. The selected candidates will be hosted by the Indian Institute of advanced studies, Shimla, India. The candidates will have to take up the fellowship for three months as a residential program. This provides enormous opportunity for the students to interact with many scholars and social activists.
Criteria of Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the above fellowship are given below. The list of countries which can participate in the above fellowship is given in the brochure. The candidates are requested to go through the brochure well ahead before applying for the post. Also, the women folk are strongly recommended to apply for the fellowship.
The basic eligibility is given below.
- The candidate should be the citizen of the countries listed as eligible country in the brochure.
- The candidate must fall between the age group of 25 to 35 years at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- Should have a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline.
- The candidate should have a working experience of about 3 to 5 years in the relevant area.
- The candidate should not be a fellow at Indian Institute of Advanced study or be a staff member of UN.
How to apply for the fellowship
The applications from the applicants whose native language is not English should be good at English as they are expected to converse flawlessly in English and are should be good at writing in English. The applicants should be submitting a formal application in English (present at the official website) along with the following information.
- Completed Application form
- Full Curriculum vitea of the applicant
- The proposal of the project (which should not contain the data collection or about the field work) , of about 1200 words(not exceeding the limit) highlighting the main areas of research in the form’s proposal. The many queries that research area aims to address, etc can be included.
Last date for the application to be submitted
The deadline for the candidates to send in their applications is 15th June,2014.