Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Exam (AMUEEE):
Aligarh Muslim University, accredited by NBA, is an educational academic institute, located in heart of city of Aligarh, established in year Nov 21st, 1875. AMU University through AMUEEE Test offers more than 325 courses both in – traditional and modern branches of education. One of the branches is engineering & technology.AMU engineering entrance exam (AMU EEE) is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. The school which is dedicated for engineering & technology is Dr. Zakir Hussain Engineering Colleges which is affiliated to AMU University.
AMU University occupies an exalted position among Indian Universities and its contribution to nation building is in no way inferior to the best among the lot. It has as many as five high schools including one for the visually handicapped, and two senior secondary schools for boys and girls. With more than 30000, students, about 1400 teachers and some 6000 non-teaching staff on its rolls, it has 12 faculties incorporating a wide spectrum of academic disciplines (95 departments, 5 institution and 13 centers) and 18 halls of residence with 73 hostels.
Eligibility criteria for AMUEEE 2013
To appear in the exam, the aspirant should have a senior secondary school examination certificate from a university or a certificate of equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics; or the individual should be a diploma holder from the same university.
Reservation Criteria for admission to different Engineering programs
According to the Aligarh Muslim University Rule, Muslim Students will get a reservation of up to 50 % seats in the University. In AMU, Muslim students will get a reservation of up to 50 % under all of the B.Tech programs i.e. being offered by the University.
Rest of the seats do not come in any category and will be decided on the basis of All India ranking in AMU Engineering Entrance Examination 2013 and comply to the General Category.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
AMUEEE Exam Pattern
Aligarh Muslim University conducts AMU Engineering Entrance Exam in two parts paper first and paper second in which second is compulsory for the candidates, who are seeking their entrance into Architecture course.The exam pattern for AMUEEE is that of a multiple choice examination of 150 marks which comprises of 150 questions based on physics, chemistry and biology.
The test pattern of both the papers under AMU Engineering Entrance Exam is given below-
- The paper one is for those students, who are applying for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program. The question paper consists of multiple choice type questions. Each question carries four options and the candidates have to find out the right answer from them. The questions in the paper are based on Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- The candidates, who are seeking their admission to Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) program, have to appear in the paper second of AMU Engineering Entrance Exam. However, they must have also appeared in paper one. The paper two of the exam is particularly designed to test the aptitude of the candidates in the field of architecture.
- The exam will be held on 28.04.2013 at 10 am. The duration of exam is 3 hours.
- The exam will have 150 questions of objective type with one mark each.
- Entrance Exam of AMU 2013 will have a NEGATIVE MARKING of 0.25 Marks. For every wrongly answered question, 1/4 of credit of that question will be deducted as negative marking.
Application Form of AMU 2013
- The candidates have to apply ONLINE for the AMU 2013 University Entrance Exam via the AMU 2013 Application Form by logging onto: http://www.amucontrollerexams.com/app_forms.html.
- The candidates can thus fill the Application Form of AMU 2013 online as per the given instructions. The candidates can also save the copy of their online filled form which will be saved as a .pdf file in the accounts, they have generated while filling the Application Form of AMU 2013 .
- To view or download this saved copy, they will have to login to their accounts and then access it. The Fee for form is Rs. 500/- which has to be submitted via a DD drawn in name of the Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh which must be payable at Aligarh only OR the candidates can pay the fee in cash at the Office of Finance Officer and get the Cash Receipt; both of which are to be sent along with the filled form of AMU 2013 at the following address till 11th of March, 2013:
Office of the Controller of Examinations,
AMU, Aligarh -202002.
AMUEEE 2013 Application fees:
- B.Tech: Rs 500
- B.Arch: Rs 600
Documents to be attached with Application Form:
- Candidate have to attach the Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges (non-refundable) as mentioned against each course is to be submitted through a Demand Draft drawn in favor of Finance Officer, A M U, Aligarh payable at Aligarh. Or they can also send the Cash receipt from AMU 2013 Finance department.
- Candidates have to also mention his/her name, date of birth, course of study and Transaction ID on the back of Demand Draft/Cash Receipt.
- Candidates have to submit Self attested photo copy of High School / Secondary School Examination Certificate along with Application Form.
Counseling for AMU 2013
The AMU 2013 Counseling will start by the Second Week of July, 2013. The counseling details will be available on www.amu.ac.in which is the official website of the exam.
The following documents must be brought by the candidates on the day of Counseling for AMU 2013:
- Counseling letter along with its one photocopy.
- Admit Card of AMU 2013 along with its Photocopy.
- DD of AMU 2013 Counseling Fee as mentioned in the prospectus.
- All the original certificates of Class X and XII and two sets of their Photocopies.
- Rank Card.
- Reservation Certificate
- Medical Fitness Document
- Passport sized photographs
AMUEEE 2013 Important dates:
Last date for Application Form Submission: 17-03-2013
AMU EEE 2013 Exam Date: 20-05-2013
AMU EEE 2013 Result Date: First Week of July, 2013
AMU 2013 Counseling Date: Second Week of July, 2013