The Emerging Leaders Competition aims at recognizing striking video and essay contributions from students. All the candidates who are participating are expected to follow the processes related to the registration and the submission specified on the official website. Candidates can refer to the website to get more information regarding the competition. The candidates must make sure they read all the terms and conditions before registering for the competition. The candidates must also adhere to the rules specified on the website.
The eligibility criteria for the competition are given below.
- The candidates who want to participate must be a student studying any level of degree course in any recognized university.
- The candidates who are applying for the competition must submit all their proofs duly attested.
- The candidates, who are eager to win an invitation to visit Hong Kong, must be in a position and situation to visit Hong Kong and attend AIC, which is specified on the official website.
- The candidates who are ready to travel for the competition be travelling on the mode offered by Project Firefly.
- The participating candidates must have a valid passport.
- If needed, the candidates must apply for visa at their own risk.
- If any of the top prize winners are not able to attend the awarding day at Hong Kong, they must inform 5 working days before the awarding date. This automatically moves the non attendees out of the competition and the next place winners are made prize winners.
- The previous winners will not be eligible for the trip to Hong Kong again.
- The winner of the Emerging Leaders Competition will always be announced at the prestigious Asian Investment Conference.
Submission and Selection
- The candidates must make their submissions in English.
- The Candidates who are participating can make only one entry per topic. The entry should either be an essay or a video. The details of the project are provided on the official website.
- The essays submitted should be between 800 and 1500 words. The videos submitted should be strictly less than or equal to 5 minutes.
- The identity of the author should not be given in the essays or videos.
- Contents of the submissions must be original only.
- References for the videos can be added to the description in the YouTube video.
- For essays also the references and bibliographies can be added to the references box on the website while submitting the essay.
The winner receivers cash prize of 2500, complete travel allowance, accommodation along with the certificate and Winning trophy. There are two other runners up positions and ten other honorable mentions at the event.