The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Scholarships are awarded by many foreign Universities. University of Technology, Sydney is one of them. This scholarship is awarded to a meritorious student willing to pursue doctorate in UTS.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by University of Technology, Sydney. The scholarship provides money for tuition fees and living cost. The main objective of this scholarship is to build the cultural and academic relationship between India and Australia. The candidate can take up any course offered by University of Technology, Sydney. Only one scholarship is awarded every year. The scholarship will be available to the student for 3 years till he/she completes the doctorate course. The scholarship provides a tuition fee waiver. Along with this the selected candidate is given a stipend of $24653 per annum.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are given below.
- The candidates must be Indian International students.
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor degree or an equivalent as in UTS norms.
- The candidate must enroll for a full time course.
- The candidate must be ready to take up a PHD course in the coming academic year.
Application and selection
The application submission and selection happens through the following steps.
- The candidates must apply for the scholarship through the official website online. The one scholar eligible for the scholarship is selected based on the following views.
- The candidate is selected based on the competition.
- The candidate’s academic merit is also a main point of concern.
- The candidate’s relevance to the scholarship is also considered.
- The candidate’s research experience is also considered.
- The candidate’s relevance to UTS and his research proposed will be noted.
- The candidate’s motivation drives the selection.
The candidate must make sure that he/she falls into the eligibility criteria properly. If so, the candidate can apply for the scholarship online through their official website. Once they receive all the applications, the processing starts after the deadline date. Every profile is validated by the selection committee word to word in the application. The selection committee scrutinizes all the applications they received based on so many factors. These factors include merit, relevance, and experience. Once the candidate is selected, the candidates name is updated on the website and personal information is also sent via email and mail. The candidate will be contacted through the email id and other details given in the application form, so the candidate must make sure about the details provided in the same. Then once the information is received, the candidate must be ready to reach the University well before the joining date to finish all the formalities.