The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the prestigious scholarships around the world. It is also one among the oldest of its kind. The scholarship was initiated in the year 1959 at the first Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers. The committee has awarded over 25000 scholarships till now. These scholarships helped the candidates go to greater heights in their knowledge and career.
About the scholarship
The scholarship aims in improving the candidates’ knowledge and career. The scholarship’s objectives are given below.
- To make a real difference in few of the poorest countries in the world along with academic excellence.
- To create and establish standards for selecting scholars among the developed and developing countries thereby involving both host and home country.
- To improve and encourage development and research activities in the countries in the world.
- To offer interactive, innovative and professional environment to the scholars from around the world.
- The candidates can take up and use the Award at any approved University in UK or any other Higher Education institution to update their skills in academic collaboration and research.
- The duration of the scholarship is 12 months to 36 months maximum.
- The candidates can get the list of UK universities that are approved at the official CSC website: http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities .
The eligibility criteria for the candidates are given below.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in their whole academic career.
- The candidate should have scored at least 60% in their Masters Degree.
- The candidate must available to take up the scholarship program on the given date.
- At the time of applying the candidate must hold a teaching post as a full-time faculty at a recognized university.
- The candidate will rejoin the same career after completion of their scholarship tenure in UK.
- The candidate must apply for the scholarship through the University Vice Chancellor or Head, where they are employed.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed M. Phil Degree.
- The candidates who have completed degrees in medicine and dentistry can also apply for the scholarship.
- The candidate must prove the institutions support in approving the candidate take up the scholarship.
- The candidates must submit IELTS score card in case they are specialized in Medicine and Dentistry.
- The IELTS score card must have the details of writing, reading and listening scores.
- Apart from these two categories, the candidates are required to have an IELTS score of 6.5.
- IELTS score is mandatory for processing the application.
- The applications are selected based on the merit and other leadership qualities.
- The candidates can either fill the application online or download the form and mail it to the appropriate address given below.