The Aga Khan International Scholarships are awarded to outstanding candidates from various developing countries every year. This program aims at providing support to candidates who have no means of financial assistance and are aspiring to take up Masters Programs.
About the scholarship
- The Aga Khan Foundation brings up limited quantity of scholarships every year.
- The scholarship targets candidates who are really looking for financial support and have no other means of help.
- The scholarship is designed as 50% grant and 50% loan.
- The candidates who want to take up Masters Degree are given preference.
- In case the candidate is outstanding, the candidate can also take up PhD. Such candidates need a recommendation letter from their professors.
- The candidates cannot apply for short-term courses.
- The candidates can apply from the following countries.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are given below.
- The candidates must be originally from one of the specified developing countries.
- The candidates must be interested in development related courses.
- The candidates must not have any other means of financial support.
- The candidates must have consistently awesome academic record.
- The candidates must have a valid financial need.
- The candidates must have got admission from a highly reputed and recognized educational institution.
- The candidates must have goal in the areas where AKDN focuses.
- The candidates must show clear and thoughtful educational and career plans.
- The candidates must demonstrate their potential to achieve their goals.
- The candidates must show willingness to strive in a foreign environment.
- The candidate should have at least few years of work experience in the selected field.
- The age limit for the candidates is 30 years of age.
The candidates must make sure they know all these information before applying for the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers only tuition fees and living expenses.
- The candidates travel costs are not provided by the scholarship.
- The funding is provided only for the first two years of study, after which the candidate has to look for support themselves.
- Half of the amount given is considered as loan.
- The loan part of the grant requires a guarantor to sign an agreement for the loan.
- The candidate has to pay the loan back within five years from the completion of the study.
- The candidates have to fill the online application and mail the same with all the required documents for proof before the deadline date to the appropriate address.