The Common Admission Test was started by Indian Institute of Managements. They use the test for selecting students for their management courses. The IIMs conduct the exam every year in a round robin basis. From 2012, Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science also have announced that they will use CAT for their student selection instead of JMET.
About the exam
CAT, conducted by IIMs is like any other high rated examination. They have lot of versions of exams. The scores are considered in two different ways like raw score and scaled score. The exam has both positive and negative markings. Scaling score means adjusting these added and deducted scores to come out with a final score. There are two sections in the exam. They are
- Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
The Jaguar Land Rover and WISE institutes jointly have established the Range Rover Evoque WISE Scholarship. This scholarship is only for females who are aspiring to grow up in their career either through education or through job opportunities.
About the scholarship
The Range Rover Evoque WISE Scholarship provide a grant of around 9000 pounds to three meritorious female students or apprentices, who are looking forward to take up a course in engineering or a career out of the same. There is a scarcity of women engineers in the UK. To address this and to welcome innovative and inquisitive female candidates, this scholarship opens a great opportunity. This helps women to fill in the next generation of engineers and talented technologists. This scholarship is eligible for UG courses only.
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship Program tries to close the gap between education and what really happens at work when you use what you have studied. This fellowship mainly looks forward to providing a great environment to the fellows to improve their knowledge, networking capabilities and other qualities required to improve their education and career.
About the scholarship
The foundation fellowship ensures to go up to their goals through a set of sessions in the classroom, experience through field works and mentors to support the fellows. The program runs for two years. The structure of the program is given below.
- The fellows will attend classroom sessions for 45 days. This makes them strong in understanding the issues conceptually.
- The fellows will have a 22 month direct field work experience.
- The fellows will be actively mentored by experts throughout the fellowship.
The cabinet committee on economic affairs approved special scholarship scheme for Jammu and Kashmir to encourage youth of Jammu and Kashmir to pursue higher studies outside their state.It is proposed to provide 5000 fresh scholarships every year over the next 5 years. Of these 4500for general degree courses 250 for engineering and 250 for medical studies.This scholarship is only to those students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir ,who has passed XII or equivalent exam from Jammu and Kashmir board and pursuegeneral degree courses,engineering , medical studies and other professional courses in government colleges or other reputed institutes outside the state are eligible .the income limit for this is 4.5 lakhs per annum.
The candidate should have passed class XII or equivalent with the stipulated marks needed to join the degree course .Valid domicile certificate of Jammu and Kashmir.
The GATE is an examination conducted all over India to test the candidates in various areas like science, technology, engineering and architecture. Based on this score, the candidate is provided admissions into various post-graduate programs like M.E., M.Tech, and direct Ph.D. in Indian institutes. The candidate is supported through financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also be useful for selection by Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment screening purposes.
The eligibility criteria given must be clearly noted by the applicants. They must satisfy one of the given criteria.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy
- The candidate must hold some degree which had the course duration of 4 years after plus 2.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete a Bachelor’s degree in Science.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete Post-BSc or Integrated Master’s degree programs in fields of Engineering/ Technology/ some four year program.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/ Technology / some five year program.
- The candidate must hold or about to complete Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program.
- The candidate must have taken up B.E or B.Tech or B.Arch or equivalent examinations that are well accredited by MHRD, UPSC or AICTE.
The Geologist Exam is issued by The Union Public Service Commission. The main aim of the examination is to recruit people for the posts like Geologist, geophysicist, chemist, junior hydro geologists in geological survey of India, Ministry of Mines, Central Ground Water Board, and Ministry of Water Resources.
The eligibility criteria for the examination are given below.
- The applicant must be one of these. He or she must be an Indian citizen or a citizen of Nepal or of Bhutan or a refugee who came to permanently settle in India from Tibet or a person of Indian origin migrated from any other country to settle permanently in India.
- The candidate must be between the age of 21 and 32.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed for the candidate in the cases given below.
- If the candidate is a government servant employed in the geological survey of India.
- If the candidate is SC/ST.
- If the candidate belongs to other backward classes.
- If the candidate belongs to Jammu & Kashmir.
- If the candidate is a defense service personnel.
- If the candidate is an ex-serviceman.
- If the candidate is ECOs or SSCOs.
- The candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Applied Geology or Geology or fields like Marine Geology or Mineral Exploration or hold a Diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology, at the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
Bangor University offers great scholarship opportunities to students who are in need of financial aid. Bangor offers both undergraduate and post graduate scholarships.
About Post Graduate Scholarships
There are a bunch of scholarships provide for post graduate courses. They are
- MANTAIS Master Scholarship for Welsh medium study
- Graduate loyalty discount 2014
- Peer guide plus scheme
- Santander Taught PG scholarships
- Postgrad solutions bursary
- Postgraduate access bursary
- Post graduate widening access bursaries
- LEA awards
The students of Commonwealth countries are invited by CSFP, for scholarship and fellowship programs. Students, who apply, must be capable of making valid contribution to their home country, after they complete their higher education in the UK. Commonwealth Scholarships Commission sponsors the scholarships and fellowships to all the common wealth countries.
About the course
The scheme is taken care in India by Commonwealth scholarships commission, the British council, ministry of HRD, and the government of India and the association of commonwealth universities. The students applying can apply to one of these courses below.
- The students can take up any Doctoral Degree, which has duration up to three years.
- Any Master’s Course that is taught in a year is also eligible.
- The students can also take up clinical training for six months.